Logic Gate Legal is a Milwaukee, Wisconsin law firm that brings years of real-world experience in the technology industry to provide its clients with innovative, practical solutions related to technology law and software licensing.
Founder and attorney Kenny Hoeschen began his career in the software business, with more than 15 years' experience in software development, project management and executive leadership. Bringing that experience and knowledge to legal profession, Kenny has been drafting and negotiating technology transactions and providing legal advice to businesses for more than 12 years.
The ability to bring a solid understanding of technology to bear on clients' business needs is something that few lawyers can match. He has represented companies large and small and has drafted and negotiated countless software license agreements, statements of work, cloud computing agreements, service level agreements, and other components that make up technology law transactions.
- In-bound license agreements: from drafting and redlining to negotiation
- Out-bound license agreements; drafting and negotiation
Technology Services Agreements
- Review and negotiate technology consulting and software development and implementation agreements
- Review statements of works and related exhibits: confirm scope, applicability, and consistent terms
- Aid with resolution of disputes related to existing technology agreements and vendor relationships
- Provide training to in-house attorneys related to technology contracting
- Provide training and guidelines to CIO and IT department staff for managing vendor relationships
Standard Contract Library Development
- Review and update existing form contracts
- Draft form contracts for software licensing, consulting services, and other transactions
- Aid in drafting vendor RFPs
- Provide counseling related to the IT RFP process
- Aid in the vendor selection process, including analysis of key legal terms controlling the resulting relationship
Kenny Hoeschen's practice focuses on technology related transactions. Kenny brings years of experience in the IT industry to inform his approach to the legal aspects of the business. He has extensive experience drafting and negotiating agreements, statements of work, and other elements of software licensing agreements (including traditional and SaaS models), software development, reseller relationships, systems procurement, services agreements, and information technology and business process outsourcing. Kenny prides himself in working closely with client business teams to define and understand their needs and goals for each transaction and establishing a strategy. His practice also involves the development of Internet-related agreements including end-user license agreements (EULA) and website privacy policies.
Before becoming a lawyer, Kenny built a career in the IT field spanning more than 15 years, holding a range of positions including software developer, project manager, consultant, technical sales lead, and business unit executive. His career began at Electronic Data Systems, where he spent 11 years before moving on to positions at several other leading technology companies. Kenny's career has taken him across the country and around the world, including as project manager of a three-year project for Telstra in Melbourne, Australia.
Education and Admissions
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 2006, cum laude
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Minnesota State University at Moorhead, 1986
Member of the Wisconsin Bar since 2006. Licensed to practice in Wisconsin and Minnesota
Chair of the Wisconsin Bar Intellectual Property and Technology Law Section
270 E. Highland Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211
Phone: (414) 533-5113